- Prayers - Sign of the Cross, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be
- God gives us life
- God loves us; He gave us Jesus
- Jesus asks us to love others
- Jesus gives us the gifts of forgiveness and peace (Reconciliation)
- Jesus gives the gift of Himself
- We receive Jesus Christ in Holy Communion
- We celebrate God's love when we worship God
- We are the Church, the community of followers of Jesus Christ
- Parts of the Mass
INTEGRATED LANGUAGE ARTS
- Demonstrate proficiency in decoding sounds, letters, and words in order to become independent and fluid readers.
- learning takes place and is reinforce with the use of literacy centers that promotes independence and understanding of the skills learned. During the literacy center students are exposed and learn through differentiated small group instruction.
- Be exposed to a variety of literary sources; formulate questions and share insights about a story; predict outcomes, formulate questions, respond creatively, and accomplish goals based on rubrics.
- Write across the curriculum in all disciplines with clarity, organization, and structure including the ability to address a wide variety of forums using the 6 traits of writing during writing workshop.
- Demonstrate appropriate listening skills to enhance learning through the receptive process.
- Demonstrate effective ways to process, organize ideas, and apply skills of oral communication at the appropriate level of development.
- Will reinforce the skills of manuscript writing and be guided through and practice the process of cursive handwriting.
- Identify and use number sense and place value based on patterns to 1000.
- Demonstrate knowledge of addition and subtraction facts.
- Be introduced to the concept of the multiplication and division.
- Practice two-digit addition and subtraction without and with regrouping.
- Solve work problems and explain the outcome.
- Collect and organize data, tally results, and create a graph, then use the information to make predictions.
- Explore time and money.
- Develop spatial sense and an ability to use geometric properties.
- Demonstrate an understanding of systems of measurement using metric and standard units.
- Expand knowledge of fractions.
- Classify living things such as plants, mammals, reptiles, including dinosaurs, amphibians, insects, arachnids, birds, and fish.
- Identify habitats of living things and the changes that they experience, such as migration.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the environment, pollution, and its effects.
- Understand space and the solar system.
- Recognize the existence and polarity of magnetism.
- Learn about elements of community types and their rules and laws.
- Identify traits of a good citizen.
- Recognize ways Americans honor their country and choose their leaders.
- Examine diversity of Americans.
- Discover our past such as Native Americans, explorers, colonists and American history.
- Learn to use a compass rose, maps and globes.
- Learn about continents, landforms, oceans, and our neighboring countries.